Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What is wrong with Linux?

Linux has made a lot of ground on the desktop over the last few years , to
find out what linux is lacking check outthis article . I dont quite
agree with all the views expressed . I am a non-IT guy with rudimentary
knowledge using linux for the last 4 years & have had absolutely no issues
doing my mundane tasks. The article claims some difficulty with backups etc
( GUI). I have had no issue with mandriva & am using DrakBackup.
I often find people who tell me , what do I do if linux malfunctions & i am
not able to troubleshoot. I always tell them , even if you cant troubleshoot
you can always do what you do in windows - Reinstall!!! but make sure your
home partition is separate. Thats what I do if all else fails.
While on the subject I found another interesting analysis of the opensource movement

2 Comments:

Anonymous Hiren said...

Better to pay and hold someone accounting for such a crucial issue.

11:28 PM, February 25, 2006  
Blogger thepoetryman said...

http://apoeticjustice.blogspot.com/

5:12 PM, March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Blog search directory